Science fiction explores unknown worlds with the help of the fantasy of the human mind stimulated by science and thus is a form of simulation or scientific simulation:
- These are the voyages of the star ship Enterprise, its 5 year mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and bold go where no man has gone before…
Star Trek Original Series (1966 – 1969) was followed by The Animated Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, The Voyager and Enterprise (2001-05).
The science of Star Trek includes:
- The Ship’s Computer
- Matter-Antimatter Power Generation
- Impulse Engines
- Alien Beings
- Sensors and Tricorders
- Deflector Shields, Tractor Beams & Artificial Gravity
- Cloaking Devices
- Subspace Communications
- Healing Rays
- Universal Language Translator
- Warp Interstellar Drive
- Wormhole Interstellar Travel and Time Travel
The science of Star Trek Well started with the science of the 1960s, which was stretched into mind-boggling new science fiction.
Today the science fiction of Star Trek is surpassed by the modern physics of string theory in 11 dimensions, multiverses, dark matter and dark energy, cosmic inflation, wormholes and black holes, as an illustration of the the old saying that reality is always bigger than fiction.
But what makes science fiction different from science? Both represent scientific simulation of the real world and how do we know which simulation is more scientific than another? You will find answers as you dwell into MST.